The IRIS certificate is designed to replace individual management system evaluations by the four founders of this initiative (Alstom Transport, AnsaldoBreda, Siemens Transportation Systems and Bombardier Transportation) as well as many additional major rail organisations. The main objective is to improve quality in the rail sector by reducing efforts and costs. Leading manufacturers and suppliers have all contributed during the development of IRIS.
Why is IRIS certification important for your business?
IRIS has been developed as an industry-specific standard which increases cost efficiency by removing the need for multiple business management system assessments.
IRIS is a globally recognised standard and thanks to the close alignment with ISO 9001, equipment manufacturers and integrators are able to improve quality; adopt a uniform quality standard and save time by applying for both ISO 9001 and IRIS certification at the same time. Operators can gain improvements across the entire supply chain, with enhanced equipment, rolling stock and signalling. Quality, safety and reliability increases as well as business management processes of the industry.
IRIS certified companies are included in a UNIFE data base, used by buyers and all major railway industry manufacturers.
- Competitive advantage - improve the quality of your products, processes and services, to deliver to higher customer satisfaction levels and improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Win new business - certification from LRQA improves your ability to work with the entire global rail industry supply chain.
- Continual improvement - LRQA Business Assurance approach is completely compatible with IRIS requirements for continuous improvement though our surveillance visits.
- Sector expertise - some of the biggest names in the rail industry are our clients, and we can help you benefit from the best practices from across the rail industry.
- Reduce costs - as IRIS shares the ISO 9001 platform with other standards and because LRQA is certified by UNIFE to provide IRIS certification, we can carry out integrated assessments with those standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001).
For more information about our IRIS services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org