What is HACCP?
HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) is the internationally recognised structured operating method that helps organisations in the food and beverage industry identify their food safety risks, prevent food safety hazards and address legal compliance. HACCP is mandatory in several countries, including the US and the EU. HACCP principles and guidelines for its application have been adopted by the Codex Alimentarius Commission. The HACCP system is science based and identifies specific hazards and measures for their control to ensure the safety of food.
Who Can Use HACCP?
HACCP is used at all stages of food production and preparation processes. All organisations who play a role in the food supply chain can apply HACCP principles, irrespective of their size or geographical location. Why is HACCP important to your organisation? A structured approach to food safety using HACCP as a management tool, helps companies and organisations demonstrate their stakeholder commitment to food safety and that stated requirements are being met. HACCP is designed to deliver:
- commitment; taking a formalised approach to assuring food safety helps you demonstrate your commitment to stakeholders by meeting the demands of legislation.
- trust; customers and stakeholders will see that you take a serious and managed approach to food safety.
- competitive advantage; HACCP is a key differentiator and it can help you to become a supplier of choice.
- improved efficiencies; HACCP system assessment services can be provided to complement your existing ISO 9000 approvals, saving you both time and money.
HACCP benefits with LRQA Business Assurance
Our HACCP services deliver against the embedded HACCP principles developed by Codex Alimentarius of the World Health Organisation to ensure your legal compliance and an effective food safety system.
- Our understanding of the complexities of HACCP allows us to deliver tangible benefits to our clients through a structured project management approach.
- We know that good communication is pivotal in delivering transparency through every step of the HACCP process. We work with our clients and governing organisations and set clear expectations to all parties on deliverables.
- Our staged approach ensures your certification process is cost-effective with minimal disruption and completed within critical timelines.
LRQA Business Assurance HACCP services include:
Certification & Assessment against HACCP allows you to demonstrate your food safety commitment through the identification of hazards and significant risks supported by control measures capable of reducing them to an acceptable level. LRQA will define and validate the operation parameters needed to ensure the control measures effectiveness.
Assessment for those that do not require certification, we offer an HACCP assessment of your systems to ensure the effectiveness of your ongoing food safety programme.
Implementation, verification and improvement through structured audits and reporting to ensure that you can be confident in the safety and legal compliance of your food safety system.